Le 2011-01-10 10:51, David Nelson a écrit :
Hi, :-)

In any case, Marc Paré has started work on accumulating some templates
and storing them at [1]

He seems to be very cautious from the licensing viewpoint. But I hope
that we will start building up our own collection within a short
time...

[1] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Downloads/Templates

David Nelson

Just to be safe, it looks like we will have to contact template authors to either get their permission to upload their templates on our wiki site or have them upload themselves to our wiki site. I have to say, this will take time. We also have to come to a definite format for posting links to the files, it looks like we will have to post the author's name along with the licence and date of creation. Due to the many variants of licences, it is just too much of a minefield for us to wade through (very much like the screenshots done on Windows boxes). I think it is best for us to take the safe approach and get authorship permission before uploading.

There is also the problem that, by today's standards, this is obviously not a good looking solution. It would be better if there was a solution to do this on Silverstripe where authors could submit templates on their own. I am not sure if this is available, but IMO, it should really be done at site level.

In the meantime, I will start mailing the authors personally.

Additionally, I don't really think that we should be pointing to the OOo site for templates. We should be pointing to a site that is not in competition with us; this is regardless of how many templates they have. Pointing to our template wiki page, should therefore be the place where we point to. Nothing wrong with linking to the OOo template page from the website along with other LibreOffice compatible template sites.

Cheers

Marc