Hi Christophe, *,

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 5:01 PM, Christophe Strobbe
<christophe.strobbe@esat.kuleuven.be> wrote:
At 21:03 30/11/2010, Charles Marcus wrote:

(...)

The current size problem as compared to OOo is because all of the
language packs are included... and this situation is only temporary
until storage is no longer an issue...

After all the negative comments on the download size in this old thread, I
would like to say something positive: as a developer of
LibreOffice/OpenOffice.org extensions, I find the availability of language
packs in the download excellent: it enables me to switch between interface
languages in LibreOffice without the need to install several language
versions of the same office suite.

Well - installing language packs has exactly the same effect. You
would have to download and install a couple of individual packages,
but the point of language packs is that it is /not/ a complete copy of
the same office suite, but just the corresponding language-files.
The problem with windows is that the Windows installer doesn't offer
the choice (at installtime, yes), but when downloading you have to get
all, and then you have to seperately download the help-files anyway,
so nothing is gained compared to english installer+languagepack.

So yes: Languagepacks are great. The problem is that there are none
for windows...

ciao
Christian