Þann lau  1.jan 2011 19:57, skrifaði NoOp:
On 12/31/2010 02:18 AM, Sveinn í Felli wrote:
But I think that in a corporate context, a batch program for converting
.doc and .docx to ODF would get some support and would/could ease the
conversion. After all those years, there's a pile of .docs sitting on
most PCs in this world. And having all the files in a same/similar
format is an issue for many I've heard from.

You might try:
<http://www.oooninja.com/2008/01/convert-openxml-docx-etc-in-linux-using.html>
[bit dated, but probably still works]

Also see:
http://katana.oooninja.com/w/odf-converter-integrator
<http://katana.oooninja.com/w/odf-converter-integrator/download>

Thanks, have not revisited this for a while.

Seems these convert one file at a time.

I'm more thinking about a program that could be run (maybe on first run of LibO ?) offering to convert all MSO files to their ODF equivalents, under same name, parsing all subfolders of a tree. Custom renaming, file exclusions and other stuff would be nice to have, but not mandatory.

I'm more interested in something like the mso2ooo:
<http://leapon.net/en/mso2ooo-batch-convert-microsoft-office-documents-openoffice-documents>

The author even says that integration into OOo/LibO should be possible (for an OOoBasic-nerd): "If someone could make the equivalent of mso2ooo.py in OpenOffice.org Basic, it would be just one step. Or integrate mso2ooo.py in mso2ooo.odt (OpenOffice.org documents can contain Python scripts, it’s just I can’t do it). This also solves the problem of Python in Windows."

Best,

Sveinn