Hi Charles-H. Schulz:
Johannes, Barbara,

Did you have a look at our community bylaws? Most of your points are
addressed there.
Something is not really clear, others is not mentioned, anything is missing. For example:
not really clear to me:
the englisch bylaws contains under "Foundation": "Part of its role is to accept donations; however, it is not the Foundation's role per se to accept or approve membership applications to become Community Members, which are managed by the Membership Committee (refer to Membership Application Process)." at the german translation it is in the kind of: "its role is only to administrate the donations". Do I understand it right, that the Foundation only is for managing the money people give to TDF?

not mentioned (in my opinion):
How is the important part/role of community defined? What kind of community does TDF mean when it speaks of it? Or is it not important to know what community we mean? How can we decide wether a community is such a thing in the kind we want it or not?

missing:
We have to think this project in the dimension it really is: global - with national and local groups. Where is this aspect to find? And the kind of information or informational structure that is needed to manage this challenge.
Because the goals and/or values of TDF have to spread worldwide.

By the way: I have now nearly a dozen favorites in firefox just to find out what TDF/LO is/means or will be. Why not set a hyperlink for interested people on the home-site of www.documentfoundation.org in the kind of:
- Understand TDF -
And than lead interested people to a abstract of the manifesto and the important contents of the bylaws. Because there are fundamental aspects if we want to reach and motivate as many people as possible: Unterstanding what TDF is and does and for what purpose. We have to guide people to the idea of open software and eventually an open society. We don't have to kick them on an odyssee through sites and blogs and texts.

I'm looking forward to get more clarity,
Johannes