Thank you for the reply, Andy!

The forums that I visit also have things broken down by what it applies
to.  You would get better/more answers by posting to a forum that way as
well.  I look at most all new post but from what I have seen not
everyone does, and see this type of reply on the forums as well.

Yes. In a forum it could also have been posted on the wrong section, but in
any well managed forum topics are moved around by the admins (answering that
they are in the wrong section indicates a poorly chosen admin)

Send me a copy of the file used and I will gladly run it and see what I
times I come up with.  I have two Ubuntu machines and an XP laptop that
I can run it one.

The xlsx file is in the link above. Here is the ODS
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2347109/300000_line_sample.ods