Hi Chynte,

Chynte wrote (06-11-10 14:23)

as a user of OpenOffice since years, the change to LibreOffice looks
like the chance to go forward with the project as a majority (and not
one company) would like to go.

Since developers are either sponsored, or enthusiastich individuals, they always have their programs and areas of interest. Therefore the big step forward is the creation of a community where contributing is easy and fast and where all feel welcome. If this always leads to developments as 'a majority' (...) would like, is not sure. I think this question is strongly related to the discussion about defining "Membership" within TDF. See
http://www.documentfoundation.org/lists/discuss/msg01720.html

This (long..) thread is to be continued (based on it there will be a more specific proposal).

Since this also includes the danger that to many (not or only in rare
cases useful) things are requested and done

Indeed there is the danger of discussions not related to issues that are worked on by developers or planned .. On the other hand, more general discussions will help to raise awareness on (new) wishes, ideas etc.

I would like to ask, where I should place and discuss my feature requests.

As for now, we do not yet have a list where for example usability issues are discussed. And 'feature requests' will in general fit in that area. But then (and see the UX archives for OpenOffice.org how that looks like) there will be a mixture of issues that are (nearly) worked on, and issues that are just discussions (for the moment).

Besides this, it is possible to step in on the developer list on specific issues that are worked on. But that is different from a new feature request, obviously.

Thanks so far to go in that direction and good luck for LibreOffice

Thanks for your interest and support. Hope to see more from you!

Cor