With all the fork discussion going on, I figured I'd just as well as this one
too.
Since the announcement, I've heard a number of people (via comments on Slashdot
and OSNews at the very least) suggest that LibreOffice is a fork of Go-OOo
instead of OOo (realizing that Go-OOo is derived from OOo).
Now, reading the documents you all put up on TDF's website[1], I have answered
that it seems more like a fork from OOo that accepted the Go-OOo patches.

It would be great to get some clarity on that - especially in the FAQ section on
TDF's website  - if only just to be able to say the right thing.

TIA,

Ben

[1] Specifically I've quoted this FAQ entry:

Q: What does this announcement mean to other derivatives of OpenOffice.org?
A: We want The Document Foundation to be open to code contributions  from as
many people as possible. We are delighted to announce that the  enhancements
produced by the Go-OOo team will be merged into  LibreOffice, effective
immediately. We hope that others will follow  suit.