Hi

Þann mán 18.okt 2010 15:08, skrifaði Roxy Robinson:
All of you folks that are "running this show" had better
start thinking about what the USERS need's are, or pretty
soon you are going to turn around and find that most of
your users have left. I have been using OOo for almost as
long as it has been available and have told many people
about it. But right now I am TOTALLY CONFUSED ABOUT JUST
EXACTLY WHAT, WHERE, WHY, WHEN, AND HOW of anything about
OOo versus LibreOffice, or whatever the hell it is.

Please don't shout, we get the message.

Technically there are not yet any "normal" LibreOffice users; there's not yet any "official" release, only a beta.

But I totally agree with the concerns about future layout of user-services and feedback. These should be addressed quickly and be in place before the official release, but it's critical to organise those efforts to avoid duplicate work and loss of focus.

I think there should be a dedicated LO-team for implementing and organising help for users, working closely with other teams like the documentation- and web/wiki-teams. Maybe a sort of user-ombudsmen which would be in charge of scrutinising things like web-navigation, UI-navigation, helpcontent etc. - for the benefit of their clients; plain users.

(maybe too dramatic here - sorry)

All
concerns seem to be around the foundation, not the
software and its users!!!! The TDF exists for the
development of the software, AND the users of the
software, and it really appears to me the folks running
the TDF have completely lost sight of that!!! Practically
everything on the TDF web page is about "people"; hardly
anything there about the software and what is taking
place as OOo moves to LibreOffice - I guess that is what
is happening??? I am what I think would be referred to as
a "typical user - someone who found an excellent
Microsoft Office replacement and enjoys using it. And has
been thankful for the assistance, fixes, and upgrades
that have been available along the way. But, as I said, I
am sitting here, out in the country outside a small town
in Texas, and am totally confused about just where
everything is!!!! You folks need to "get all your Aggies
in a row", and get back to supporting your users!!! Roxy
Robinson - a totally confused 68 year old user

You just made it from being "a totally confused 68 year old user" to being a participant in the project - thank you ;-)

Please, James is right - it is very very difficult as
just a User to find your way around - I've said it a
couple of times, and it is really really true.

I think that it would be beneficial to launch a new thread on user-services, navigation and user-feedback in order to find a good structure and basic organisation. Even if things like wikis have for nature to auto-organise themselves, a good basic structure can speed up creation of their content.

Just some thoughts,

Sveinn í Felli

Paul

On 18 October 2010 22:34, Stefan