On 2010-10-12 9:43 AM, Harold Fuchs wrote:
Currently the only list of e-mail lists (including discuss@ and
users@) is on the Contribute page
http://www.documentfoundation.org/contribution/linked to from the
Home page http://www.documentfoundation.org/.

Wow... this is worse than before when I originally complained about
being on the 'Contact' page (it made more sense for them to be there
than on the 'Contribute' page)...

Florian - the lists really need to have their own page - again, linked to:

http://www.documentfoundation.org/lists

Right now that link it barren and totally ugly - just copy or cut/paste
the Lists stuff from the contribute page to the /lists page, then link
to it anywhere/everywhere that it makes sense to...

IMHO this is at least counterintuitive.  I'm not at all sure newbie
users will find it.

I agree. 'Contribute' is more about donations and or contributing to the
overall development process. However, I can see a mention of and link to
the Lists page from there...

Please add a "Support" tab to the home page giving these details or,
at least, copy the list to a prominent place on the LibreOffice page
http://www.documentfoundation.org/download/ so that new users can
quickly see where they can get support once they've downloaded the
software. Perhaps include details of the forum there too.

Imho the lists should be on their own page, which can then be linked to
from lots of other parts of the website...

--

Best regards,

Charles