Hi Harold, all,

Harold Fuchs schrieb:
[...]
PS Are we top posting? There will be flak.

Generally we use "inline reply" (below the phrase our reply is related to) in combination with removing all the irrelevant parts of a mail.

Top posting should be avoided, but in my eyes it could be considered, if the posting relates to the entire context of the previous thread or is covered in the subject already.

But in any case all irrelevant stuff should be removed (normally leading to just keeping just a few lines or none at all).

So main rule: Avoid full quote - remove all irrelevant stuff for your reply.

Second: Write below the phrase you are referring to (if there is one).

Third: No thread-hijacking. Start a new thread on every topic.

Fourth: No attachments (most will not come through to the list).

For Florian (and others working nearly as hard as him) I want to have an exception:

If he takes the time to reply instead of working on our infrastructure and all the other stuff necessary for us to start working in our preferred area of the community, he may post wherever he want - top, bottom, in between, even below a signature (and therefore not easy to detect).

Thank you Florian for your great work and dedication!
(And avoid breaking down one day...)

Best regards

Bernhard