Le 2010-10-07 06:33, henke54 a écrit :

I like the idea of one site with common usernames that puts all the
languages under one umbrella.

I also like that, that is why i have registered LibreOffice-forum.com ,
LibreOffice-forum.net , LibreOffice-forum.org , LibreOffice-forum.info ,
LibreOfficeForum.eu and also LibreOfficeForum.be , LibreOfficeForum.nl ,
LibreOfficeForum.de .... and i am willing to donate/redirect them to the
'appropriate' people at
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/index.php , because they do a
'good job' there ... (moreover ...tdf-admin(Drew Jensen) , the admin of this
mailinglists is also moderator on that forum... ;-)

Also i read 'some comment' : "If TDF don't plan to tackle the forum question
quickly, it could be usefull to ask them to make a page on their site
listing the different mailing lists and the forums (oooforum and the main
index page of the NL forums here) redirecting the domains on that page could
help users. BTW: that "Help" page is really missing on the TDF site IMHO."

regards,
henke

Just out of curiosity, are you able to register the country specific domain even if you are not a citizen of that country? I know that with a ".ca" (Canada) domain, that you agree to a testament citing your citizenship to Canada -- legally binding. If you are not, you may be contested freely and you would, more than likely, lose that .ca domain. People don't have to actually need the particular domain being contested, but simply report the fact that a person, who is not a citizen of that country, has registered a country domain without having proper citizenry.

I thought that most countries had adopted this method.

This is different, if for example, you are a registered entity worldwide, which is quite expensive. I believe, this is what the DocumentFoundation hopes to do. Which is why they have expressed their hope that the DocumentFoundation.(countrycode) domain holders will later pass-on (donate) back these to the foundation -- once they have legal entity arranged for that country.

Marc