On 2010-10-04 7:56 AM, Graham Lauder wrote:
There is a reason that the American Founders reviled democracies as one
of the most evil creations man has ever come up with.
The phrase was: "Democracy is the worst form of Government, except for all the
others."

No, Winston Churchill said that, but it was:

"Democracy is the worst form of government except for all those others
that have been tried."

But he wasn't an American Founder, and that comment isn't what I was
referring to - I said what I meant and meant what I said.

Read any of the historical founding documents for America and you
quickly see the accuracy of my statement.

Democracy is 2 wolves and a sheep voting on whats for dinner. - always
has been, always will be. Once people discover that they can vote
themselves bread and circuses, a democracy is finished (witness what is
happening in America today).

America was originally created and is supposed to be a Constitutional
Republic - yes, incorporating certain democratic processes (ie, voting
for Representatives, etc), the difference being that in our
Constitutional republic, the power of Congress is strictly limited to
the delegated powers defined in the Constitution itself, and recognizing
that certain Rights are permanently outside the purview of said powers.

There were errors made, fix the fallout, don't repeat

Voting for Ron Paul and other like minded citizens is about the only
shot we have of fixing it, but I don't hold out much hope, since most
people seem to think that stealing from one to give to someone else is ok.

--

Best regards,

Charles