I think the final comment from Dave Barton ("YMMV, but I doubt that any of
the above is what most users would want for the final release version.") is
important. I hope that the developers of LibreOffice pay heed to it.
========== begin conversation ======
-------- Original Message --------
From: Harold Fuchs <email@example.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 08:55:58 +0100
When you install LibreOffice
1. Does it overwrite your OOo installation?
Yes. Even though it installs in it's own default "Program Files"
sub-directory it deletes almost all the existing OOo files.
2. Does it inherit your templates from OOo?
3. Does it take over the file associations for the ODF file types?
4. Does it inherit the User Data at Tools>Options>OpenOffice.org>User
No, but it doesn't destroy them. They are still there when you reinstall
5. Does it inherit (additional) language dictionaries from OOo?
No, but even as Win "Administrator" you cannot remove any of LO's
6. Do the OOo extensions work in LO?
All 7 that I tested, yes.
7. Does LO inherit the extensions you have installed in OOo?
Same as 4 above.
Which, if any, of the above *should* LO do that it doesn't do today?
YMMV, but I doubt that any of the above is what most users would want
for the final release version.
==== end conversation ===