On Wed Sep 29 2010 15:43:43 GMT-0700 (PDT)  Erich Christian wrote:
Hi Andy, *

Good to hear  :-)
There's a different situation in our case, the german dvd/cd-roms use a
complex GUI in xhtml (win disks come with an onboard k-meleon browser
and installation feature via menu) and would need a complete redesign of
CSS and content for 3.3 and we can hardly handle both - so we agreed to
concentrate on LO for now.

We are thinking of a new maybe CMS based structure of the GUI which is
exported on demand on a disk and should be easy to translate and filled
with localized content - useful for all.

Naturally the english version is in place for a prototype and the
content is on your isos already. The new GUI could be very basic with
just necessary text for it could easily be approved even step by step
via CSS.

Once we have localized versions of LO the language teams could manage
their texts and content on paralell versions of the localized GUI and
folder tree online and export a static snapshot-iso on demand.

Looking forward to your comments and a better cooperation ever.

Erich

Hi Erich,

Here I download the ISOs and extract them. The clip art that comes with the ISOs is to bulky and needs a lot of clean up, which I do not have time to do. For Mac and Linux versions I put both available versions and the documents from the OOAuthors site on the disk. For the Windows version I add the documents and leave the clip art to help fill the disk. I have been thinking of building an html page to provide links to online help sites and to point to the documents.

Andy