Self nomination for Membership Committee: Gustavo Buzzatti Pacheco

Dear members & Board of Directors of The Document Foundation,

I’m candidate in the next elections to the Membership Committee.

Who I am:
I'm Gustavo Buzzatti Pacheco from Porto Alegre, Brazil. Husband, father, systems analyst. I have been working in our Community since 2003 (in the age of OpenOffice.org) in many areas of the Brazilian project (documentation, digital inclusion, marketing, extensions,...). I was elected for the Membership Committee in 2016 and re-elected in 2018. During the last two years, I'm deeply involved in two fronts: handling and studying the mcm-script, to have better internal processes in the MC, and promoting the project in the Ibero-American Community.

Why I'm candidate to the MC again:
In 2018, I was re-elected for the MC with the objective to represent our global and plural project. During this time, I dedicated my efforts to improve our internal process based in the mcm-script, as I presented in the last Conference in Almería. Inside the MC, my main task is handling member applications and renewals with the mcm-script, an operational task but the core of many TDF's administrative processes. I also have dedicated my time to work with the Ibero-American Community. Step by step, we did the first Latin American Conference in Paraguay last year. Nowadays, even with all difficulties, we are spreading what we are doing with our montly online event. Our regional community is growing, integrated and open. I’m really glad to be part of it and work to build connections among us and the other communities around the World.

-- # --

Full name: Gustavo Buzzatti Pacheco
Email address: gbpacheco@libreoffice.org
Affiliation: Independent (I work at the Federal Electoral Court in Brasil, but my current position in MC is personal and independent and it will remain personal and independent if I'm elected for another term).

I will provide information on all future changes as soon as possible.

My 75 words official candidacy statement:
I’m candidate to the MC again to continue representing our global and plural project, understanding different scenarios and kinds of contributions of the members around the World. I want to continue dedicating my collaborative work as responsible to handle applications and renewals with the mcm-script and improving our internal process to provide better support to our members and our Community.