[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[board-discuss] Join our team! Job Search for a Development Mentor (m/f/d) – #202007-01
- Subject: [board-discuss] Join our team! Job Search for a Development Mentor (m/f/d) – #202007-01
- From: Mike Saunders <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2020 14:22:50 +0200
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Document Foundation (TDF) is the non-profit entity behind the
world's leading open source office suite, LibreOffice. It's comprised of
a team of highly skilled and motivated people, working on
infrastructure, design, documentation, QA, marketing and other tasks.
We're passionate about free software and bringing people into our community.
To grow our volunteer community, in particular for code contributions,
we're searching for
a Development Mentor (m/f/d)
to start work as soon as possible. If you're interested in the role,
which is offered on a part- or full-time basis, you ideally have:
* previous experience in remote work
* been a long-time contributor to one or more FLOSS communities
* excellent communication skills, with enthusiasm for mentoring – a
fluent command of the English language (written and spoken) is expected
* coding experience in several FLOSS code bases and programming
languages, including LibreOffice
* demonstrable C++ coding experience of at least five years, plus
active knowledge of at least one more language used in LibreOffice (e.g.
Python or Java)
* willingness to regularly travel to Hackfests & conferences in Europe
* self-driven and a good team player; interested in working together
with our team
The remote job role involves working from home at your location and
includes among other items:
Work with our existing team in the LibreOffice community on topics
* building relationships between the community and new contributors
* identifying and on-boarding new contributors
* affirming and encouraging their contribution
* encouraging them to join IRC and other communication channels to meet
* building relationships with domain experts for deeper learning
* attracting new contributors by promoting the project
* interaction with UX volunteers
Shape and create development mentoring including:
* helping to onboard new contributors by
* positively reviewing their code contributions
* improving their C++ programming skills & design, and coding style
* introducing them to our tooling and culture
* designing, and define easy tasks for new contributors
* maintaining our technical documentation, e.g.
* developer guide
* wiki articles
* code comments
* helping to review the results of development tenders produced by TDF
* goals-oriented and with a laser-sharp focus to grow excellent
LibreOffice core contributors, our perfect candidate will come up with
creative ways to find and attract volunteers
Previous experience with such tasks is highly welcome, so is using free
software. Speaking and writing English fluently is a mandatory requirement.
The work time during the day is flexible, apart from some fixed times
when availability is required (e.g. during meetings).
TDF welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless
of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation
As always, TDF will give some preference to individuals who have
previously shown a commitment to TDF, including but not limited to
members of TDF. Not being a member, or never having contributed before,
does not exclude any applicants from consideration.
TDF is looking forward to receiving your applications, including
curriculum vitae, your financial expectations, and the earliest date of
your availability, via e-mail to email@example.com
no later than September 15, 2020.
If you haven't received feedback by October 30, 2020, your application
could not be considered.
Mike Saunders, Marketing and Community Coordinator
Tel: +49 30555 7992 62 | IRC: M-Saunders on Freenode
The Document Foundation, Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 Berlin, DE
Gemeinnützige rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Legal details: http://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/
- Prev by Date: Re: [board-discuss] Personal Edition label and define is wrong.
- Next by Date: [board-discuss] [DECISION] defer implementation of marketing plan draft
- Previous by thread: [board-discuss] Update on marketing and communication plans for the LibreOffice 7.x series
- Next by thread: [board-discuss] [DECISION] defer implementation of marketing plan draft