Re: [board-discuss] Initiative to improve communication channels

El 2020-07-17 13:20, Simon Phipps escribió:

On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 5:03 PM Kev M <kevm@mailbox.org> wrote:

There are other participatory democracy software out there that exist but I don't know many that are Open Source.

There is also CONSUL, which was developed as open source by Madrid City Council, transferred to an independent Foundation and is now used worldwide. Italo Vignoli is a member of their Board of Directors. See https://consulproject.org/en/

All the same, I don't think it's necessarily a good thing to bring thousands of voters into a decision making process where they have no responsibilities to moderate their exercise of rights. It will just become factional and partisan based on external agendas.

I believe that it is crucially important to allow as many voices as possible to be heard, and the consequent monitoring process is greatly facilitated by the implementation of a tool such as Decidim so, together BoD & Community can decide about the issues that matter to us.

--
DAR