[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-website] Re: [board-discuss] Initiative to improve communication channels
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-website] Re: [board-discuss] Initiative to improve communication channels
- From: Daniel Armando Rodriguez <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2020 12:10:57 -0300
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
El 2020-07-17 11:12, Thorsten Behrens escribió:
Hi Franklin, all,
Franklin Weng wrote:
BTW, even if it becomes 15th useless channel, which can be tweaked,Sure, it would create more silos & further fracture the community.
tried and improved from the running experiences, it will not be a
big deal IMO.
As I said during the board call - this is lovely technology, that I
can imagine we can put to good use, for some areas.
But it doesn't solve the 'too many channels' problem (as it was
advertised to do). Let's not fool ourselves.
Unless we're willing to shut down mailing lists & telegram channels,
and actively shepherd community members over.
We have to show the community the usefulness of the platform. We can't make use mandatory, that doesn't work.
I already commented on the numbers related to the number of subscribers that have some mailing lists, and such numbers are not representative of the whole community IMO.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/
- Prev by Date: Re: [board-discuss] Initiative to improve communication channels
- Next by Date: Re: [board-discuss] Initiative to improve communication channels
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-website] Re: [board-discuss] Initiative to improve communication channels
- Next by thread: Re: [board-discuss] Initiative to improve communication channels