Re: [board-discuss] Initiative to improve communication channels

As stated at the meeting, the number of subscribers to the mailing lists is significantly low. The user list, for example, has about 1500 subscribers, the Spanish and Brazilian lists have about 350 people each. TDF has today 221 members and this list only 160 people. Therefore, beyond the fact that the subscription is voluntary, it cannot be said that many people are encouraged to participate in the discussions.

It has to do with a social issue, as someone said, but also with the language barrier and the ability to argue an idea. And I'm pretty sure that providing a platform where people can vote on comments/ideas will allow TDF to attract much more participation, even from those who don't speak English as fluently... as I do.

To make it clear, this is not an attempt to solve several problems at once, I don't expect to present a final solution, if there is one. But as a foundation with a global reach we need to make people willing to participate. If such behavior modification is achieved through technical change, then we welcome it.

What I propose is to give the platform a chance without leaving any other tools aside, for a certain period of time, and then evaluate the performance.

--
Daniel Armando Rodriguez, Member of the Board of Directors