[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [board-discuss] New Version of Strategic Marcom Plan
- Subject: Re: [board-discuss] New Version of Strategic Marcom Plan
- From: Michael Meeks <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2020 18:57:51 +0100
- To: "kainz.a" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- Cc: Kev M <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
On 15/07/2020 18:48, kainz.a wrote:
> If you are at an LibreOffice conference there are 40% people from
> ecosystem and 40% volunteers.
By head-count - there are a vast number of volunteers doing great
stuff, they completely swamp the full-time paid developer head count.
Many of them only have the time to make smaller contributions though, so
depending on what metric you look at you see different things (of course).
> Which mean that there is not many knowledge of the codebase from the
We badly need to fix this by getting more C++ / coding mentors to help
people improve their coding skills & achieve what they want to. It's
particularly easy to do in UX often, so that'd be a great place for a
mentor to focus. Currently the ecosystem does a great chunk of the code
review & mentoring - but this is really expensive, it's fundamentally
education (part of TDF's mission), and so much more could be done there.
> Ecosystem partners need payments and TDF need volunteer
> coders which is missing at the presentation. In addition
> volunteers are needed and welcome everywhere.
Absolutely, my hope is TDF gets more developer mentors to nurture those
who are frustrated by the code and want to become part of the solution
=) Skilled C++ coders with a knowledge of the codebase are rather rare
firstname.lastname@example.org <><, GM Collabora Productivity
Hangout: email@example.com, Skype: mmeeks
(M) +44 7795 666 147 - timezone usually UK / Europe
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/
|Re: [board-discuss] New Version of Strategic Marcom Plan||Thorsten Behrens <email@example.com>|
|Re: [board-discuss] New Version of Strategic Marcom Plan||Kev M <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [board-discuss] New Version of Strategic Marcom Plan||Italo Vignoli <email@example.com>|
|Re: [board-discuss] New Version of Strategic Marcom Plan||"kainz.a" <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [board-discuss] New Version of Strategic Marcom Plan
- Next by Date: Re: [board-discuss] Some problems.
- Previous by thread: Re: [board-discuss] New Version of Strategic Marcom Plan
- Next by thread: Re: [board-discuss] New Version of Strategic Marcom Plan