[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [board-discuss] Re: [tdf-members] Personal: and software freedom.
- Subject: Re: [board-discuss] Re: [tdf-members] Personal: and software freedom.
- From: Kev M <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 12:19:36 +0000 (UTC)
- To: Lionel Élie Mamane <email@example.com>
- Cc: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>
Fair, I suppose my ethnocentrism is showing. I do think that "Community" in the FOSS world carries connotations that suggest less features. At least it's better than Home, Personal, or Individual.
It would be nice if there was a neutral third term that was universally known to communicate "plain, no enterprise support.'
Jul. 14, 2020 04:52:38 Lionel Élie Mamane <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
> On Mon, Jul 13, 2020 at 12:29:03PM -0400, Kev M wrote:
>> The nice thing about Vanilla is that everyone implicity knows what
>> it means;
> I don't think the term is well-understood outside of those with a deep
> understanding of the English language and at least one associated
> culture. I expect it to be a translation / l10n / i18n nightmare. How
> will one calle LibreOffice Vanilla in French? In German?
> As a native European French speaker, I tell you "LibreOffice Vanille"
> will _not_ do. It seems plausible to me it would be understood in
> (North) American French, though.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/
|Re: [board-discuss] Re: [tdf-members] Personal: and software freedom.||Kev M <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [board-discuss] Re: [tdf-members] Personal: and software freedom.||Lionel Élie Mamane <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [board-discuss] Big organisations not contributing
- Next by Date: Re: [board-discuss] Big organisations not contributing
- Previous by thread: Re: [board-discuss] Re: [tdf-members] Personal: and software freedom.
- Next by thread: [board-discuss] Proposed rebranding in global perspective