[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [board-discuss] Big organisations not contributing
- Subject: Re: [board-discuss] Big organisations not contributing
- From: Sam Tuke <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 12:58:40 +0200
- To: email@example.com
This thread seems to be conflating separate things:
On 14/07/2020 11:15, Michael Meeks wrote:
> On 13/07/2020 22:07, Leo Moons wrote:
>> It strikes me that there's a lot of talk about large organizations,
>> that don't contribute to the community.
1) large orgs should donate to TDF?
2) large orgs should buy services from ecosystem companies?
These are largely different problems with different solutions.
> [...] For
> example when C'bra first went into business - we sunk Eur 100k+ into
> a full-time sales & marketing person mostly focused on governments
> for over a year. They were backed by great enthusiasm and a political
> push from central government in the UK, net result: around zero
This speaks to problem 2, which is first and foremost the responsibility of ecosystem companies to solve, with secondary support from TDF .
Some interests are shared between TDF and companies, and some interests conflict, and that's right and healthy in my view. For the sake of constructive debate let's keep clear who is being recommended to do what.
Brainstorming potential ecosystem company strategy case-by-case could be a useful exercise, but I'm frustrated when the problems and goals interchange and merge.
1. Disclosure: I worked in the aforementioned marketing team as some of you know, and experienced many challenges marketing LO products and services in that role
Description: OpenPGP digital signature
|Re: [board-discuss] Big organisations not contributing||Telesto <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [board-discuss] Big organisations not contributing||sophi <email@example.com>|
|[board-discuss] Big organisations not contributing||Leo Moons <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [board-discuss] Big organisations not contributing||Michael Meeks <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [board-discuss] Re: Some problems.
- Next by Date: Re: [board-discuss] Big organisations not contributing
- Previous by thread: Re: [board-discuss] Big organisations not contributing
- Next by thread: Re: [board-discuss] Big organisations not contributing