Re: [board-discuss] TDF's key goals now in Redmine

Hi Florian,

Am 22.06.20 um 08:29 schrieb Florian Effenberger:
> Hello Andreas,
>
> Andreas Mantke wrote:
>> the community is not shrinking by the regular process of aging. The age
>> of a person is not the key of being a contributor, e.g. I started
>
> nobody stated so. The ticket says to focus on new/younger
> contributors, not ignoring everyone else. We can't do everything at
> the same time, so we have to focus on certain things during a certain
> phase.
>
> I remember you were often pointing to the educational sector as one of
> our key purposes - doesn't that match nicely with the idea of that
> goal? :-)

if I didn't overlook anything, there are people of diverse age inside
the educational sector. Thus the focus on the educational sector would
be another focus. It would be a focus on an 'industry', not on the age
of people.

But if you target on e.g. the educational sector you need to identify
the different stake holder (and the way to get in contact with them and
convince them to get involved).

If you read to this document
https://shop.stiftungen.org/media/mconnect_uploadfiles/s/t/stiftungsfokus-2018-16-freiwilliges-engagement.pdf
(sorry: only German) you find on page 6 an information about getting
people involved into volunteer work.

And if I remember correctly the foundation association and its
co-working organizations published some documents (and strategies) to
involve new volunteers. You should use such resources and also various
opportunities (there) to get in contact with people from different sectors.

Regards,
Andreas