Re: [board-discuss] LOOL user experience

Hi Heiko,

Heiko Tietze wrote on 26/05/2020 14:43:
> Thanks for the input. The draft for a survey is on Nextcloud
> https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/ZCX4wrx3wipr5mQ

Thanks. Good start!

One thing we need to consider: as agreed last Friday in the board
meeting, there will be a public discussion on LOOL and ecosystem first,
before we start implementing solutions. And for that discussion, Paolo,
Franklin, Thorsten and Michael are preparing the start document, as
agreed in that meeting too.

Now there is (on a quick look) at least one question in the survey, of
which the answer clearly depends on the information that the submitter
has. "Shall enterprises (and even individuals) can deploy their own
LibreOffice Online to have a cloud based collaborative office suite?"

> Framing the questionnaire as input for future development we might
> get a feeling what percentage of users is interested in LOOL. And
> hopefully some have experienced success or failed and can reply
> what's needed for a one-click installation.

So IMO we should wait to make sure the survey is clarified, improved,
extended with the outcome of the discussion.
(I know running surveys is fun and hip, but starting a second one later
is dump and confusing, So let's not do that.

Greetings,
Cor

--
Cor Nouws, member Board of Directors

GPD key ID: 0xB13480A6 - 591A 30A7 36A0 CE3C 3D28 A038 E49D 7365 B134 80A6
mobile : +31 (0)6 25 20 7001
skype : cornouws
blog : cor4office-nl.blogspot.com
jabber : cor4office@jabber.org