Re: [board-discuss] LOOL user experience

El 2020-05-22 17:26, Cor Nouws escribió:
Hi Daniel,

Daniel Armando Rodriguez wrote on 22/05/2020 22:49:

What makes my worry is the response you got about C'bora under TDF's IRC

It would be good to hear what you think of today's board meeting, and
what has been presented there about community health and ecosystem.
(Well, we tried to chat later, but kitchen duties were calling me ;) )

What I think is no one can get such answer from TDF channel, period.

And I take you words "an easy way to deploy LOOL" should be provided by
TDF, as TDF's mission is to offer a free product to the end user. And
that offer should allow a painless implementation.

That is a reasonable possible way of looking at it, for sure.
TDF's mission speaks about "software made available for everyone ..
freely and without restrictions". So indeed you can read that as
'binaries for business use without payment', but just as reasonable as
'code for all individuals without restrictions'. Or maybe even
interpretations in between :)

No one is talking of the first, and I'm reading it over and over again with different wording.

So that's the good thing for primary the board, but if needed the whole
community: our freedom to look at what is really wise to do for TDF's
mission.
Maybe the Ecosystem & Sustainability presentation gives some good input
to further talk about that aspect of how our world looks. So lets do that :)

If TDF offer a product for free, and states the commercial suport is up the ecosystem companies what's the problem?
Whoever is looking for such support will knock their doors.

--
Daniel Armando Rodriguez