Re: [board-discuss] How is TDC compelled to keep the user first?

On 2020-03-01 20:32, Brett Cornwall wrote:
I believe that Canonical is related here because, like TDC, the proposal appears to be that a for-profit entity be given exclusive rights to a trademark to a supposed community-owned product. Like TDC, Canonical's founding idealized Shuttleworth's pessimism that free software could survive without a for-profit entity as its protector.

Correction: Could *not* survive without a for-profit entity as its protector.