[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [board-discuss] The Document Collective ownership
- Subject: Re: [board-discuss] The Document Collective ownership
- From: Simon Phipps <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 13:01:38 +0000
- To: Ilmari Lauhakangas <email@example.com>
- Cc: Board Discuss <firstname.lastname@example.org>
It would be better to conduct this discussion on the Members list.
On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 12:57 PM Ilmari Lauhakangas <
> In the public board call today it was said that the proposed commercial
> entity The Document Collective should not be owned by TDF because of
> litigation risk. The risk is thought to form due to the anticipated
> significant amount of funds moved through TDC (which will lead TDC to
> enter into various contracts).
> I am not convinced that this is reason enough to establish TDC outside
> TDF. How did the board arrive at this conclusion? By consulting with
> TDF members should understand that in practice nothing is stopping TDF
> from owning a commercial entity either in Germany or outside of Germany.
> Furthermore, TDF already has a business entity which handles the
> production costs and income from sales of promotional products (t-shirts
> etc.). This existing entity could be used to pilot the ideas behind the
> TDC proposal.
> To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
> Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
> List archive:
*Simon Phipps* http://webmink.com
*Office:* +1 (415) 683-7660 *or* +44 (238) 098 7027
*Signal/Mobile*: +44 774 776 2816
|[board-discuss] The Document Collective ownership||Ilmari Lauhakangas <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: [board-discuss] The Document Collective ownership
- Next by Date: [board-discuss] Trademark policy
- Previous by thread: [board-discuss] The Document Collective ownership
- Next by thread: [board-discuss] Trademark policy