[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[board-discuss] The Document Collective ownership
- Subject: [board-discuss] The Document Collective ownership
- From: Ilmari Lauhakangas <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 14:57:15 +0200
- To: Board Discuss <firstname.lastname@example.org>
In the public board call today it was said that the proposed commercial entity The Document Collective should not be owned by TDF because of litigation risk. The risk is thought to form due to the anticipated significant amount of funds moved through TDC (which will lead TDC to enter into various contracts).
I am not convinced that this is reason enough to establish TDC outside TDF. How did the board arrive at this conclusion? By consulting with lawyers?
TDF members should understand that in practice nothing is stopping TDF from owning a commercial entity either in Germany or outside of Germany.
Furthermore, TDF already has a business entity which handles the production costs and income from sales of promotional products (t-shirts etc.). This existing entity could be used to pilot the ideas behind the TDC proposal.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/
|Re: [board-discuss] The Document Collective ownership||Simon Phipps <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [board-discuss] Representation statement
- Next by Date: Re: [board-discuss] The Document Collective ownership
- Previous by thread: [board-discuss] Representation statement Lothar Becker
- Next by thread: Re: [board-discuss] The Document Collective ownership