Re: [board-discuss] Self-nomination for next Board

Hi Michael,

Am 07.12.19 um 11:58 schrieb Michael Meeks:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> I for one am grateful for all candidates that stand in the
> election. I expect each of them to act as individuals in the best
> interest of TDF and for all of them to have a shared primary
> affiliation to LibreOffice. I also think we should be encouraging
> those people that stand, and not trying to create tribal wedges.
>
> At Collabora we encourage our staff to do what they think best
> in LibreOffice & TDF - and we have no say at all over what our
> partners do there; I thoroughly dislike your implication to the
> contrary. However, if people are worried by that (as apparently you
> are) they should have all the information they need to vote
> accordingly.

I'd not expect or assume something different. But there is ยง 8 IV of the
TDF statutes with clear rules.

Thus the affiliation is an important criterion and not any (positive)
subjective element (e.g. doing best in the interest of TDF).

Kind regards,
Andreas