[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [board-discuss] Diversity Is Key?
- Subject: Re: [board-discuss] Diversity Is Key?
- From: Cor Nouws <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2019 23:27:16 +0100
- To: Lothar Becker <email@example.com>, Franklin Weng <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: Sam Tuke <email@example.com>, Thorsten Behrens <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, Sophie Gautier <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Lothar Becker wrote on 03/12/2019 08:01:
> Thanks all for the input for this issues.
Same feeling here.
> I think the gender issue is realy serious but I agree also with Franklin
> that there are additional issues of diversity we face. That was my
Indeed, which what I do not want to suggestion any order (or lacking of
that) in importance.
> We all then should reach out, hearing and understanding these parts of
> the community (or the missing/rare ones e.g. members from a missing
> continent like Africa) and then acting in their benefit. If it then
> turns out that we need a special role in sense of gender spokesperson in
> which seat so ever, then thats it, or if we should reach open source
> events in Africa to meet and encourage them, or have an international
> scholarship programm for getting young contributers, we could decide
> even with this new board. This is our responsibility then, if elected.
That was my idea too. There will be occasions where the board is able to
share work with a team, special group. In these situations it is good to
try to involve people from women and other groups that are under
Then gradually this will grow a situation where a wider variety of
people is active and willing to stand for a position in board, MC, ..
> To stopp the process of election here I think that is a very complicated
If not impossible ;)
> To hear and discuss a new way of nomination and seats with the
> community for the next one In 2 years to avoid this current situation,
In general I've a stronger believe in enabling, lowering barriers, etc.
than in forcing by rules, but..
> hearing and discussing these in the sense of having more transparency
> between the bodies board, mb and members, I think this is a realy
> crucial task for the new board, which I hope to help with.
.. I hope to be with you there ;)
Cor Nouws, member Board of Directors
The Document Foundation, Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 Berlin
Gemeinnützige rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Legal details: http://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint
GPD key ID: 0xB13480A6 - 591A 30A7 36A0 CE3C 3D28 A038 E49D 7365 B134 80A6
mobile : +31 (0)6 25 20 7001
skype : cornouws
blog : cor4office-nl.blogspot.com
jabber : email@example.com
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/
|Re: [board-discuss] Diversity Is Key?||Franklin Weng <email@example.com>|
|Re: [board-discuss] Diversity Is Key?||Lothar Becker <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: [board-discuss] Elections Board of Directors soon to start - have your token? - links to more candidates information!
- Next by Date: [board-discuss] Board of Directors elections are running - did you receive your token?
- Previous by thread: Re: [board-discuss] Diversity Is Key?
- Next by thread: [board-discuss] [DECISION] Authorize Florian to sign the open letter to save .ORG domain