[board-discuss] Candidacy to the BoD elections: Nicolas Christener

Hi all,

As a LibreOffice user since the very first day and long term member of
different F/OSS organizations and communities I'd like to give something back
to the LibreOffice project and therefore stand for elections to the Board of
Directors of The Document Foundation.

I'm Nicolas Christener, living in Switzerland, married, love skiing & music
and I was born between RFC 812 and 813 :)

I currently work for Adfinis SyGroup which is a company delivering services
(engineering, managed services, development) around F/OSS software. We partner
with Collabora and together with them we brought LibreOffice to iOS.

I helped to organize LibreOffice Conference 2014 in Switzerland, the company I
work for hosts some TDF servers and lately I was busy to help make the iOS app
a reality. I contributed comment translations (de -> en) in the code, filled
many bugs and convince user and organizations to use LibreOffice.

I was also appointed by the current Board (which I'm not part of) to help
start the The Document Collective (TDC). This transitional group only
bootstraps the legal entity and I won't automatically be involved in the
future entity.

I believe that I have a good understanding of the enterprise requirements and
am very community oriented which gives me a well balanced view where and how
we could improve LibreOffice for the good of all of us.

Full name: Nicolas Christener
E-Mail: nicolas.christener@adfinis-sygroup.ch
Corporate affiliation:
* Adfinis SyGroup (CEO/CTO, Member of the Board)
* WineBarrel GmbH (CEO, my pet project, buy & sell rare wines)
* Medelexis AG (Member of the Board)

For my past engagements please also see:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/christener/

75 words statement:

"I'd like to serve the Board to help to grow the project and its global
impact. LibreOffice has a huge potential and I would like to help getting
things done more quickly and enable and motivate as many individuals as
possible to grow the community. My goal is to help shape common goals and
bring my experience to the table to actually reach them."

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me :)

All the best,
Nicolas

--
Adfinis SyGroup AG
Nicolas Christener, CEO | CTO, GPG KeyID: 0x5897DDEE05029923

Giessereiweg 5 | CH-3007 Bern
Office +41 31 550 31 11 | Direct +41 31 550 31 13