[board-discuss] Declaration of candidacy for the board

Dear TDF-members,

I hereby declare my candidacy for the board.

This is a logical consequence - I think - of my long-term contributions
to the project. A lot of you know me
as owner of .riess applications, which was the first partner of Sun for
doing migration business with
StarOffice/OpenOffice nearly 20 years ago.

You might also know me from my contributions with activities for the
national and international ecosystem,
developing the certification process for LibreOffice professionals with
others, where I nowadays serve as
volunteer co-chair of the certification committee.

This gives me the chance to give something back for a lot of things I
got out of this project. It‘s not just in the
sense of making business, but in the sense of experiencing a healthy and
powerful community of an open
source project. As I'm also engaged in the German-based Open Source
Business Alliance as speaker of the
working group of public affairs and co-speaker of the working group for
interoperability, there are a lot of
topics where I can leverage each engagement through the other in the
interest of all.

Helping and driving activities in the sense of growing local communities
internationally (India, Africa, Asia,
as well as European communities for recovering) and activating more
exchange of ideas between the
community and the board are some of the challenges I see for the next
board period.

That is what you could expect from me as a board member of one of the
greatest open source projects in
the world, which I want to help growing and getting better every day. If
you also see the importance of these
for lasting healthy next years of TDF, please give me your vote.

My full name: Lothar K. Becker

E-Mail: lothar.becker@riess-app.de

Affiliation: .riess applications gmbh

75 word statement:

I‘ve been with LibreOffice/OpenOffice.org for nearly 20 years. One of my
most important experiences is that
it is of highest priority to have a good balance between developers and
non-developers, affiliated and volunteers,
national and international groups as well as transparency between board
and community. I praise diversity,
openness and working together. I always aim to bridge between these
angles, especially as I'm sometimes
more or less part of such an angle.

Best regards,
Lothar

--
Lothar Becker - CoChair of the LibreOffice TDF Certification Committee
email lothar.becker@libreoffice.org