Re: Aw: Re: [board-discuss] creation of The Document Collective (TDC)

Hi Thomas,

first off - thanks for taking part in this conversation! As Cor said,
the intention here really is to have a public discussion, and taking
input from TDF members, contributors and all other stakeholders.

Thomas Meyer wrote:
> So it could be regarded as a letterbox company.

Just a word of caution - idiomatic expressions don't always translate
1:1, and the phrase you used could be regarded as rather rerogatory in
English (I'm sure it wasn't meant like that). But for the avoidance of
doubt, Public Software CIC is a reputable company, and we're grateful
to Simon for offering it as a (temporary) host. Which is btw not
uncommon practice, as e.g. Freies Office Deutschland e.V. did
something similar when we bootstrapped TDF, starting in 2010.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten