[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[board-discuss] creation of The Document Collective (TDC)
- Subject: [board-discuss] creation of The Document Collective (TDC)
- From: Florian Effenberger <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2019 10:39:03 +0200
- To: email@example.com
during today's LibreOffice Conference opening session, the board's resolution to create The Document Collective (TDC) has been announced, which is hereby published to the general public for feedback and discussion.
(Please use the public firstname.lastname@example.org list for any discusisons related on this topic.)
The resolution taken during the board meeting on Monday, September 9, is as follows:
The Board RESOLVES to start creation of The Document Collective (TDC) by taking the following acts:
- Broadly, to implement the concepts in the Board's Document "The Document Collective" version 0.4
- Appoint a transitional leadership Group comprising Simon Phipps, Eike Rathke, Michael Meeks, Thorsten Behrens, and/or other volunteers TBD...
- Direct the Group to sign an agreement with Public Software CIC hosting TDC as an unincorporated association
- Allocate a loan of €50000 to be requested incrementally as needed by Public Software CIC for TDC when the Group so directs, to be returned once a surplus is available and at the Group's discretion concerning timing and portioning, with the addition of 3% annual interest.
- Grant Public Software CIC a trademark license for "LibreOffice" when used in the context of an online application software store
- Direct the Group to initiate availability of LibreOffice for Mac OS and Windows through the appropriate app stores for an appropriate fee
- Request the Group to take over making available Impress Remote and LibreOffice Viewer if each or either proves appropriate for TDC
- Direct the Group to commission a mechanism to spend TDC's income surplus in the manner agreed by the Board's Document
- Direct the Group to plan for the transfer of all TDC activities and liabilities to an independent legal entity as soon as practical, with governance implementing the concepts in the Board's Document.
The document referenced in the resolution is available from
Additional slides are available from
Florian Effenberger, Executive Director (Geschäftsführer)
Tel: +49 30 5557992-50 | Mail: email@example.com
The Document Foundation, Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 Berlin, DE
Gemeinnützige rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Legal details: https://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/
- Prev by Date: [board-discuss] Affiliation Change - Jona Azizaj, MC member
- Next by Date: Re: [board-discuss] creation of The Document Collective (TDC)
- Previous by thread: [board-discuss] Affiliation Change - Jona Azizaj, MC member
- Next by thread: Re: [board-discuss] creation of The Document Collective (TDC)