Membership Committee Meeting minutes 2019-03-18

Meeting minutes
Minutes of the Membership Committee meeting for 2019-Q2 filing.

1. Call to order & Roll Call
The meeting took place on 2019-03-18.
Membership Committee Members present: Jona Azizaj, Dennis Roczek, Ilmari
Lauhakangas, Gabriele Ponzo, Gustavo Pacheco

2. New Members
The Membership Committee has received Membership Applications since the
last review of the Membership Rolls, has reviewed these Applications in
light of the requirement as defined in the Statutes of The Document
Foundation, and has decided that the status of Member of The Document
Foundation will be granted to the following persons, for a period of 1
(one) year effective the first day of the second quarter of 2019:

Alain Romedenne
Izabela Bakollari
Durgapriyanka Govindaswami

Approved by unanimous roll call vote.

3. Membership Renewals

The Membership Committee has received Membership Renewal requests since the
last review of the Membership Rolls. Memberships that are not renewed in a
timely manner are deemed to have lapsed.
The Membership Committee has reviewed these Renewal requests in light of
the requirement as defined in the Statutes of The Document Foundation and
decided that the following persons have their status of Member of The
Document Foundation extended until the end of the first quarter of 2020.

Xisco Faulí Tarazona
Raul Pacheco da Silva
Cheng-Chia Tseng
Yaron Shahrabani
Milos Sramek
Donald Evan Rogers
Christopher M. Penalver
Winfried Donkers
Adolfo Jayme Barrientos
David Ostrovsky
Naruhiko Ogasawara
Shinji Enoki
Enio Gemmo
Jacobo Aragunde Pérez
Miguel Ángel Ríos Vázquez
Edmund Laugasson
Juergen Funk
Giuseppe Vizziello
Armin Le Grand
Franklin Weng
Po-Yen Huang
Marco Pinto
Mark Hung
Emiliano Vavassori
Guilhem Moulin
Fábio Coelho
Eric Sun
Kai Ju Tsai
Kevin Lin
Mert Tümer

Approved by unanimous roll call vote.

4 Adjourning
All business being concluded, the meeting was closed on 2019-03-18.

Meeting minutes approved:

Gustavo Pacheco Keeper of the minutes
Gabriele Ponzo Chairman

Hello,

Meeting minutes
Minutes of the Membership Committee meeting for 2019-Q2 filing.

1. Call to order & Roll Call
The meeting took place on 2019-03-18.
Membership Committee Members present: Jona Azizaj, Dennis Roczek,
Ilmari
Lauhakangas, Gabriele Ponzo, Gustavo Pacheco

I'm curious to know, if the formation of the MC changed or is the listing on the TDF website still valid?

Kind regards,
Andreas

Hi Andreas!

We didn’t have changes in the MC and the list of the website is, of course, the official list. In the minutes we have only the presents.
It was just a coincidence that K-J wasn’t present in this meeting and Ilmari yes (if you see the order in the website and the list of presents in the minutes, indeed, seems that some change happened but it’s just a coincidence).

Regards
Gustavo

Hi Gustavo,

thanks for your answer.

    <mailto:sophi@libreoffice.org>>:
    >Meeting minutes
    >Minutes of the Membership Committee meeting for 2019-Q2 filing.
    >
    >1. Call to order & Roll Call
    >The meeting took place on 2019-03-18.
    >Membership Committee Members present: Jona Azizaj, Dennis Roczek,
    >Ilmari
    >Lauhakangas, Gabriele Ponzo, Gustavo Pacheco

Two things:

- if I read the statutes correctly membership committee deputies are not
members of the MC. Thus in my opinion the sentence above should only
count four members of the MC.

- in my opinion it could be an issue with the European and German
privacy regulation to process personal data among more people than
absolutly necessary.

Kind regards,
Andreas

Hello,

Andreas Mantke wrote:

- if I read the statutes correctly membership committee deputies are not
members of the MC. Thus in my opinion the sentence above should only
count four members of the MC.

- in my opinion it could be an issue with the European and German
privacy regulation to process personal data among more people than
absolutly necessary.

I talked to Andreas on the phone about this - thanks for taking the time to talk this through, Andreas!

Let's take the rest offlist, and let me use the opportunity to thank the MC for their work and welcome the new members! :slight_smile:

Florian