[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[board-discuss] Minutes Board of Directors Meeting 2019-03-01


The Document Foundation
Board of Directors Meeting 2019-03-01
Call Minutes

Date: 2019-03-01
Location: Jitsi

Session chair: Marina Latini
Keeper of the minutes: Michael Meeks

In the call: Michael (BoD), Thorsten (BoD), Marina (Chairwoman), Franklin (BoD), Florian (ED), Simon (Deputy), Cor (BoD), Björn (BoD), Eike (BoD)
Representation: None

Chairwoman of the Board is in the call. One of the Chairwoman or Deputy Chairman is required to be present or represented for having a quorate call.

The Board of Directors at time of the call consists of 7 seat holders without deputies. In order to be quorate, the call needs to have 1/2 of the Board of Directors members, which gives 4. A total of 7 Board of Directors members are attending the call.

The board waives all formal statutory requirements, or requirements in the foundations articles, or other requirements regarding form and invitation, time limits, and for the topics discussed in this meeting.

The call is quorate and invitation happened in time. From now on, motions can be passed with the agreement of a simple majority of those remaining present. The majority threshold is currently 4.

The meeting commences at 14:01 Berlin time.

Public part:

0. Last-minute addition: Meeting for approval of annual report (Florian, 5 minutes)
* send in until April 30 (in German)
* formal meeting planned for mid-April
-> proposals: regular meeting slot CW 15 (Friday, April 12) with fallback CW 16 before Good Friday
+ Simon in Barcelona for a conference April 12th (but a Deputy so need not be blocking).
+ can we do an E-mail vote ? (Michael)
+ can do it by E-mail yes (Florian)
+ need one formal meeeting per year
+ FOSDEM and/or LibOCon work well for that (Michael)
AI Marina/Björn: send formal invite two weeks before as per statutes
* report currently in writing by Italo and Mike
* we need the final budget projects by then
* first complete draft planned mid-March
AI: Florian to share folder link when first set of docs is there early next week
AI Florian: find out if we need a formal meeting, or a regular e-mail vote is fine

* need to know which projects we hope to run for filing (Florian)
+ projects need naming as a line-item.

1. Discuss: Status update on extensions & templates page (Florian, 5 minutes)
* WordPress or OpenDesktop environment, simple wiki page with linking as fallback
* WordPress needs development work
* service provider 1: 260 hours - with discount ~8,5k €
* service provider 2: happy to do the job, but suggests OpenDesktop, as it's there
* OpenDesktop
* self-hosting possible
* SSO question pending
* offer consulting
-> will try OpenDesktop first
* Don't want something heavily customized - so not needing to maintain it
* had a call with OpenDesktop
* we can self-host it, rather than doing it externally.
* Need to avoid "bus factor" - potential loss of capability by loss of a single contributor
* Guilhelm curious wrt SSO support ?
* linking vs. hosting - does it meet that criteria ? (Michael)
* OpenDesktop - hosts files & releases etc.
* interested to include volunteers (Thorsten)
* buovjaga was in the discussion too (Florian)
* Eager to ensure that community is included (Cor)
* provide updates on mailing list wrt. where we're
at to increase interest and inclusion.
* also good to clarify the criteria - is it just portal
or does it have storage too - a full replacement ?
* would be a full replacement (Florian)
=> Seems good to proceed with switch to an OpenDesktop instance
https://www.opendesktop.org/
* Cor wants to look further at it.

Public call ends 14:18 Berlin time.

Marina Latini (Session chair)
Michael Meeks (Keeper of the minutes)

--
Florian Effenberger, Executive Director (Geschäftsführer)
Tel: +49 30 5557992-50 | Mail: floeff@documentfoundation.org
The Document Foundation, Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 Berlin, DE
Gemeinnützige rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Legal details: https://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: board-discuss+unsubscribe@documentfoundation.org
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy

Privacy Policy | Impressum (Legal Info) | Copyright information: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images on this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2). "LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use thereof is explained in our trademark policy.