[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[board-discuss] Minutes Board of Directors Meeting 2019-03-01
- Subject: [board-discuss] Minutes Board of Directors Meeting 2019-03-01
- From: Florian Effenberger <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019 15:44:20 +0100
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Document Foundation
Board of Directors Meeting 2019-03-01
Session chair: Marina Latini
Keeper of the minutes: Michael Meeks
In the call: Michael (BoD), Thorsten (BoD), Marina (Chairwoman), Franklin (BoD), Florian (ED), Simon (Deputy), Cor (BoD), Björn (BoD), Eike (BoD)
Chairwoman of the Board is in the call. One of the Chairwoman or Deputy Chairman is required to be present or represented for having a quorate call.
The Board of Directors at time of the call consists of 7 seat holders without deputies. In order to be quorate, the call needs to have 1/2 of the Board of Directors members, which gives 4. A total of 7 Board of Directors members are attending the call.
The board waives all formal statutory requirements, or requirements in the foundations articles, or other requirements regarding form and invitation, time limits, and for the topics discussed in this meeting.
The call is quorate and invitation happened in time. From now on, motions can be passed with the agreement of a simple majority of those remaining present. The majority threshold is currently 4.
The meeting commences at 14:01 Berlin time.
0. Last-minute addition: Meeting for approval of annual report (Florian, 5 minutes)
* send in until April 30 (in German)
* formal meeting planned for mid-April
-> proposals: regular meeting slot CW 15 (Friday, April 12) with fallback CW 16 before Good Friday
+ Simon in Barcelona for a conference April 12th (but a Deputy so need not be blocking).
+ can we do an E-mail vote ? (Michael)
+ can do it by E-mail yes (Florian)
+ need one formal meeeting per year
+ FOSDEM and/or LibOCon work well for that (Michael)
AI Marina/Björn: send formal invite two weeks before as per statutes
* report currently in writing by Italo and Mike
* we need the final budget projects by then
* first complete draft planned mid-March
AI: Florian to share folder link when first set of docs is there early next week
AI Florian: find out if we need a formal meeting, or a regular e-mail vote is fine
* need to know which projects we hope to run for filing (Florian)
+ projects need naming as a line-item.
1. Discuss: Status update on extensions & templates page (Florian, 5 minutes)
* WordPress or OpenDesktop environment, simple wiki page with linking as fallback
* WordPress needs development work
* service provider 1: 260 hours - with discount ~8,5k €
* service provider 2: happy to do the job, but suggests OpenDesktop, as it's there
* self-hosting possible
* SSO question pending
* offer consulting
-> will try OpenDesktop first
* Don't want something heavily customized - so not needing to maintain it
* had a call with OpenDesktop
* we can self-host it, rather than doing it externally.
* Need to avoid "bus factor" - potential loss of capability by loss of a single contributor
* Guilhelm curious wrt SSO support ?
* linking vs. hosting - does it meet that criteria ? (Michael)
* OpenDesktop - hosts files & releases etc.
* interested to include volunteers (Thorsten)
* buovjaga was in the discussion too (Florian)
* Eager to ensure that community is included (Cor)
* provide updates on mailing list wrt. where we're
at to increase interest and inclusion.
* also good to clarify the criteria - is it just portal
or does it have storage too - a full replacement ?
* would be a full replacement (Florian)
=> Seems good to proceed with switch to an OpenDesktop instance
* Cor wants to look further at it.
Public call ends 14:18 Berlin time.
Marina Latini (Session chair)
Michael Meeks (Keeper of the minutes)
Florian Effenberger, Executive Director (Geschäftsführer)
Tel: +49 30 5557992-50 | Mail: email@example.com
The Document Foundation, Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 Berlin, DE
Gemeinnützige rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Legal details: https://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/
- Prev by Date: [board-discuss] NO Public agenda for TDF BoD web meeting on Friday, March 15th at 1400 Berlin time
- Next by Date: [board-discuss] FOSDEM in-person meeting notes/summary
- Previous by thread: [board-discuss] NO Public agenda for TDF BoD web meeting on Friday, March 15th at 1400 Berlin time
- Next by thread: [board-discuss] FOSDEM in-person meeting notes/summary