[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[board-discuss] Board of Directors Meeting 2018-10-12
- Subject: [board-discuss] Board of Directors Meeting 2018-10-12
- From: Florian Effenberger <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 12:31:05 +0200
- To: email@example.com
The Document Foundation
Board of Directors Meeting 2018-10-12
Date: Friday, October 12, 2018
Session chair: Marina Latini
Keeper of the minutes: Michael Meeks
In the call: Marina (Board), Kendy (Deputy), Florian (ED), Björn (Board), Heiko (Community), Thorsten (Board), Cor (Board), Michael (Board), Simon (Deputy)
Representation: Kendy for Eike
Chairwoman of the Board is in the call. One of the Chairwoman or Deputy Chairman is required to be present or represented for having a quorate call.
The Board of Directors at time of the call consists of 7 seat holders without deputies. In order to be quorate, the call needs to have 1/2 of the Board of Directors members, which gives 4. A total of 6 Board of Directors members are attending the call.
The board waives all formal statutory requirements, or requirements in the foundations articles, or other requirements regarding form and invitation, time limits, and for the topics discussed in this meeting.
The call is quorate and invitation happened in time. From now on, motions can be passed with the agreement of a simple majority of those remaining present. The majority threshold is currently 4.
The meeting commences at 14:06 Berlin time.
1) Budget for hackfest: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Hackfest/Muenchen2018 (Thorsten)
+ Largely German speaking community signed up
+ plenty of money left in both marketing & community budgets
+ some Germans, couple of Albanians,
+ Eur 4k should be enough for travel.
+ do we need to vote >Eur 5k (Michael)
=> vote to approve Eur 4k from community budget for Munich hackfest
for travel/accomodation for volunteers
+ approved unanimously.
2) Late-addition: FOSDEM meeting schedule (Florian)
* rooms reserved 30.1-1.2. and 4.2.-6.2., need to decide; also some dinner planned (likely on 2.2.)
+ 2 options for board + other meetings.
+ for days beforehand and also after.
+ Franklin requests before - to avoid Chinese new year.
=> decided to book this 2 days before.
+ what's the dev-room story ? AOO claim they applied too ... (Thorsten)
+ so did we.
+ booth deadline coming up too (?)
+ is Nov 2nd. (https://fosdem.org/2019/news/2018-08-10-call-for-participation/)
+ Marina to poke Daniele La Camera.
3) Discuss: LibreOffice Online for other organizations (Simon)
+ missing Simon; defer to later in the call.
+ driving currently.
+ put slides on the agenda, but no desparate need to dig in again.
+ should we proceed to offer this to OSI ?
+ checked with Patrick - excited to be help that out
+ invite them to have a TDF serviced instance
+ Guilhelm - to help out hosting for them on their own site.
=> do this, try it out with OSI for some months 3-6 & see how it went
+ potentially extend this in future after that, possibly for a charge.
Public call ends 14:20 Berlin time.
Marina Latini (Session chair)
Michael Meeks (Keeper of the minutes)
Florian Effenberger, Executive Director (Geschäftsführer)
Tel: +49 30 5557992-50 | Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Document Foundation, Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 Berlin, DE
Gemeinnützige rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Legal details: https://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/
- Prev by Date: Re: [board-discuss] [DECISION] - Budget Request promoting LibreOffice/ODF at event for Dutch administrations
- Next by Date: [board-discuss] CANCELLING this Friday's board call (2018-10-26)
- Previous by thread: [board-discuss] About LibreOffice Online
- Next by thread: [board-discuss] CANCELLING this Friday's board call (2018-10-26)