[board-discuss] [DECISION] - Budget Request promoting LibreOffice/ODF at event for Dutch administrations

Hello,

the following decision, which was taken in private on 2018-10-04, is now made public in accordance with our statutes.

Proposal
= = = =
- spent EUR 4760.- from the marketing budget on key event for (local)
administrations in The Netherlands to promote ODF and LibreOffice.

Details
= = = =
Where and when:
- Utrecht, event for (local) administrations, 2018-10-10
https://www.jaarbeurs.nl/agenda/2994/overheid-360-2018

What:
- promote LibreOffice and ODF:
- educate the people on open document standard (again)
- educate organizations about their possibilities to use
free office-software

Why there:
- main event for software and administrations in The Netherlands
- there are two clear open source items at the event
(presentation from an national agency; initiative for an OSS
solution for central software needs of local administrations)
- (last minute) timing is not nice, still tired and much to do
- but we didn't have any activity yet in The Netherlands and the
event is important to keep visibility in these organizations

How:
- small table / booth
- banner LibreOffice / ODF
- sheet LibreOffice
- sheet ODF
- sheet examples administrations using it.
- booth staff and preparing stuff by Rob and me
(based on existing marketing materials)
(we'll ask assistance at the booth from other members too)

Costs:
- total max 4760
specified:
- booth 4235.-
- banners 160.-
- info-sheets 315.-
- travel costs 50.-

Budget marketing:
- so far spent 2.096,17 from 31.500,00
(TDF Budget Overview.ods FE 20180920)

The Board of Directors at the time of voting consists of 7 seat holders without deputies. In order to be quorate, the vote needs to have 1/2 of the Board of Directors members, which gives 4.

A total of 7 Board of Directors members have participated in the vote. The vote is quorate.