Re: [board-discuss] Preliminary Results for the 2018 Membership Committee election

On 14/09/2018 15:31, Miklos Vajna wrote:
On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 11:07:33PM +0200, Marina Latini <marina@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
The above preliminary results are in conflict with ยง 8 IV of our
statutes (https://www.documentfoundation.org/statutes.pdf), with both
Miklos and Jona having the same affiliation. The elected candidates and
the board are currently discussing options to resolve this conflict,
which will likely affect the final results. We will update the members
and the general public on this soon.

I talked to Jona and in case we're asked about what is our preference: I
propose me stepping down in favor of her (and me initially
mentoring/helping her in my place if wanted), i.e. I don't accept the above
role.

A concern is now that Stephan and me would finish work in the committee,
noone remains with stronger technical skills, when it comes to
recovering from odd situations with git, gerrit, etc. To cover that, I
plan to stick around (initially) so Jona (or another MC member) is
trained up and doing this -- again, if this kind of help is requested by
the new MC.

Wherever the rule of "no two members of MC with same affiliation" was stated (can't find it either in the above-linked PDF nor in the HTML version at <https://www.documentfoundation.org/foundation/statutes/> now), does that extend to MC deputies, too? If not, one solution to the "no technicians in the MC" issue could be that Miklos only steps down to deputy level.