[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [board-discuss] Re: License information for extensions on LO's extension site
- Subject: Re: [board-discuss] Re: License information for extensions on LO's extension site
- From: Michael Meeks <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2018 10:32:06 +0100
- To: Stephan Bergmann <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: Andreas Mantke <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
(and thanks for raising this Stephan)
I appreciate the work that you do maintaining the extensions repository
- and it is always difficult to handle feedback.
As you know - if people have a legal concern - they are encouraged to
raise it directly with legal@ - and not engage in lengthy public
Andreas - I'd love to talk this through ? can I call you at some stage ?
On 31/08/18 10:18, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> On 30/08/18 20:08, Andreas Mantke wrote:
>> Am 30.08.2018 um 19:02 schrieb Stephan Bergmann:
>>> On 30/08/18 18:43, Andreas Mantke wrote:
>>>> In my view it is necessary, that a LibreOffice extension that is
>>>> published on a TDF resource, has a clear license statement and presents
>>>> this license statement to the user during the installation process.
>>> Why should presenting the license during installation be necessary?
>>> Installing LO itself, for example, doesn't do that, either.
>> if you want to make an agreement with the user about the license, you
>> have to present the license during the installing process and ask for
>> accepting it.
>> Otherwise there is no agreement on the license.
> With all due respect to your work on the TDF extensions site, and with
> whatever IANAL caveat, but I don't see this change (requiring extensions
> hosted on the TDF extensions site to ask for license acceptance during
> installation) as neither necessary nor helpful.
> Maybe the board (as the entity responsible for running that extensions
> site, IIUC; now on CC) has an opinion here?
email@example.com <><, GM Collabora Productivity
Hangout: firstname.lastname@example.org, Skype: mmeeks
(M) +44 7795 666 147 - timezone usually UK / Europe
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/
|[board-discuss] Re: License information for extensions on LO's extension site||Stephan Bergmann <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: [board-discuss] Re: License information for extensions on LO's extension site
- Next by Date: [board-discuss] Membership Committee elections voting tokens sent
- Previous by thread: [board-discuss] Re: License information for extensions on LO's extension site
- Next by thread: [board-discuss] Membership Committee elections voting tokens sent