[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[board-discuss] Re: License information for extensions on LO's extension site
- Subject: [board-discuss] Re: License information for extensions on LO's extension site
- From: Stephan Bergmann <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2018 11:18:59 +0200
- To: email@example.com
- Cc: Andreas Mantke <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
On 30/08/18 20:08, Andreas Mantke wrote:
Am 30.08.2018 um 19:02 schrieb Stephan Bergmann:
On 30/08/18 18:43, Andreas Mantke wrote:
In my view it is necessary, that a LibreOffice extension that is
published on a TDF resource, has a clear license statement and presents
this license statement to the user during the installation process.
Why should presenting the license during installation be necessary?
Installing LO itself, for example, doesn't do that, either.
if you want to make an agreement with the user about the license, you
have to present the license during the installing process and ask for
Otherwise there is no agreement on the license.
With all due respect to your work on the TDF extensions site, and with whatever IANAL caveat, but I don't see this change (requiring extensions hosted on the TDF extensions site to ask for license acceptance during installation) as neither necessary nor helpful.
Maybe the board (as the entity responsible for running that extensions site, IIUC; now on CC) has an opinion here?
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/
|Re: [board-discuss] Re: License information for extensions on LO's extension site||Michael Meeks <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [board-discuss] Membership Committee of TDF: self nomination
- Next by Date: Re: [board-discuss] Re: License information for extensions on LO's extension site
- Previous by thread: [board-discuss] Membership Committee of TDF: self nomination
- Next by thread: Re: [board-discuss] Re: License information for extensions on LO's extension site