Privacy Mission Statement

Hello,

the Board of Directors has discussed and approved a Privacy Mission Statement that we have published at

  https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/Privacy_Mission_Statement

Florian

Florian Effenberger wrote:

the Board of Directors has discussed and approved a Privacy Mission
Statement [..]

Thx Florian & team for tirelessly working on this rather substantial
document!

In this day and age, I'm glad we're taking a stand for privacy and
freedom not only with the software we publish, but also on how we run
our websites & services.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten

2.3 Private hardware and software may only be used within the scope of
the operating procedures for telecommuting/home office for the
processing of personal data.

'may only be used' means that anything that does not match the
specified conditions is verboten.

"within the scope of the operating procedures for telecommuting/home
office for the processing of personal data."
is not something comprehensible to me.

Norbert

Norbert Thiebaud wrote:

'may only be used' means that anything that does not match the
specified conditions is verboten.

Right - that's the idea, if TDF's PI data is processed, TDF sets the
rules.

"within the scope of the operating procedures for telecommuting/home
office for the processing of personal data."
is not something comprehensible to me.

Ah yeah, that's the actual list of things to do ('operating
procedures'), e.g. full-disk encryption. TDF is talking to affected
staff to find suitable solutions. In any case, nobody needs to buy
military-grade crypto hardware now. :wink:

All the best,

-- Thorsten