Re: [board-discuss] resigning from the Membership Committee

Il 29/12/2017 17:55, Cor Nouws ha scritto:

> Dear friends,

Hi Cor,

> It is with some melancholy that I write this mail, because I've been
> serving as member of the Membership Committee for already quite some years.

I would like to express my gratitude for the precious, long and hard
work you did as Chairman in the Membership Committee, for TDF and our
community.

> I will be a member of the Board of Directors soon, thus have no other
> choice than to leave the MC: both our statues and my own conviction do
> not allow combining both positions.

I'll be more than happy to work with you in the next board.

> The end of this year looks as a good moment for me to say farewell, so
> please allow me to resign from the Membership Committee per December 31
> this year.

I'll file your resignation with Berlin accordingly.

As per our statutes § 12 II [1], the deputy that follows next in order
of preference will become a full member of the Membership Committee.
Based on the last elections[2], Klaus-Jürgen Weghorn is the next elected.

I therefore ask you, Klaus-Jürgen Weghorn, do you want to accept your
new role and want to serve in The Document Foundation's Membership
Committee as full member?

ATB,
Marina

[1] http://www.documentfoundation.org/satzung.pdf (binding version)
and
http://www.documentfoundation.org/statutes.pdf (non-binding translation)

[2] https://elections.documentfoundation.org/results.php?election_id=8

--
Marina Latini, Chairwoman of the Board of Directors
Tel: +39 3497482812 | IRC: deneb_alpha on Freenode