[board-discuss] Self nomination for BoD

Hi everybody :)

My name is Uwe Altmann, I’m 60 years old male, married and living in Saarbücken (Germany)
direct by the french border. I’m self-employed with a strong tendency to retirement.

I joined the (then) OpenOffice community around 2004. Mostly in marketing activities as
helping at CeBit fair as long as we had a booth there. Besides being engaged in german
community I did some QA and documentation on Macs. In the past few years I was more
concerned on giving (at least some) of the community a nudge to develop a vision of the
future of LibreOffice as a product as well as a community.

In “real live” - with an completed education as psychologist and statistician - I did
mostly data analysis, statistics and consulting , both public administration and
charitable organizations. So thus I‘m kind of experienced in German charity laws, managing
organizations as well as internal revenue code, especially concerning charitable
organizations. I’m not a coder anymore – my last programming experience lies back in the
early 90ies (at least there is some). But besides this my last payed job was requirements
engineer and managing a team of developers.

The spare time I won by reducing my business activities I want to use to do more for the
TDF. As Eike just stated I'd also like to see that more people from regions of the world
not represented in TDF yet will join us as members of the TDF - as well as members of our
bodies. So strengthen the community is one of my favorite goals. I may as well help in
compliance with the german charity regulations and in organizational matters.

Full name: Uwe altmann
Email address: uwe.altmann@altsys.de
Corporate affiliation: None

~75 words candidacy text:
I, Uwe Altmann, candidate for a seat on the Board of Directors of The Document Foundation.
I have been around with the project and TDF since the early beginning, mostly in german
community and QA for the Mac version. Actually I’m more in the marketing trying to start a
process to discuss a vision of TDFs future. Being more an administrative guy than a
coder I would like to foster the TDF as organization.
--
Regards
Uwe Altmann