Re: [board-discuss] Procedure Of TDF Board Elections

Hi Simon, Cor, all,

Am 31.10.2017 um 19:19 schrieb Simon Phipps:

> On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 5:22 PM, Andreas Mantke <maand@gmx.de
> <mailto:maand@gmx.de>> wrote:
>
> Hi Cor, all,
>
> Am 31.10.2017 um 17:12 schrieb Cor Nouws:
> > Hi Andreas,
> >
> > Andreas Mantke wrote on 31-10-17 13:44:
> >
> >> that's not the topic, I wrote about. I wrote about very close personal
> >> or economic connections, not the usual friendship etc.
> >
> > In business, one often makes the most deals with people you're friendly
> > with ;)
> > So let's try to all be friends and use the appropriate rules to prevent
> > personal relations being the stronger argument than rational considerations.
> >

> I'm not talking about not being friendly with each other (that's also a
> rule written in the statutes), but about the fact that TDF is an
> organization with rules and a lot of credit based also on good behavior
> and transparent administration/organization.
>

> Andreas, do you have a specific request or proposal?

yes, as I already mentioned and quoted here:

"Thus the people acting on both bodies shouldn't have immunity of
witness because of a or economic dependence to a member of the the other
body."

And another recommendation that I think would be worth to follow:

"I think it would be too bad to have a longer break before one get
elected for another body."

I don't think that a good organization/community need to put this into
rules/statutes, but should have it in their DNA.

Kind regards,
Andreas

--
## Infrastructure Developer LibreOffice
## Freie Office-Suite für Windows, Linux, Mac