[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [board-discuss] Hackfests, the next generation: A Call To Action
- Subject: Re: [board-discuss] Hackfests, the next generation: A Call To Action
- From: Bjoern Michaelsen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 10:40:45 +0200
- To: Regina Henschel <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
first off: Sorry for taking so long to reply.
On Sat, Oct 21, 2017 at 03:16:04PM +0200, Regina Henschel wrote:
> I would like to participate in such a Hackfest. I know, I do not belong to
> the targeted category of persons, but I want to code, and I could help in
> testing, whether a tutorial is really suitable for a beginner.
Actually I think you are a perfect candidates for the new Hackfest! Why shoouldnt
- have a topic that, if we pursue it, benefits the foundations goals
and the community of LibreOffice as a whole.
- are an enthusiastic independant volunteer with no CoI.
- are qualified and motivated to verify that someone TDF hires to put by your
side to attack your topics, did their duty to proceed the topic.
Your suggested topics:
> As example I suggest layer handling in Draw, e.g these issues
> ODF <draw:layer-set> as a child element of <draw:page> not supported
> FILEOPEN Layer with reserved name vanishes when changing UI language
> DRAW: Layout, Controls and Dimension Lines need improvement
> ODF draw:display and draw:protected attributes of <draw:layer> not supported
as thus duely noted to be topic for the Hackfest and TDF will try to hire a
certified developer to help support you with these issues.
As a note to the wider TDF/LibreOffice community: What Regina did here is awesome and
exactly what we are looking for. In fact, Eike and me still have a workitem to
pick out some of the more challenging EasyHacks to find something that:
- would benefit from an certified developer supporting the topic
- is roughly in scope for the Hackfest (plus some preparation and aftermath)
- meets the goals of the foundation and the LibreOffice community at large (not
a special interest)
- will find an enthusiastic volunteer willing to learn more and able broadly
verify the certified developer did indeed push the topic forward in the time
So if you are an enthusiastic volunteer (like Regina) willing to come to a next
generation Hackfest and have such a topic that you care about and which would
benefit from support LET US KNOW. A hard part for Eike and me finding topics is
actually second-guessing where we might find interested volunteers attending
the Hackfest for the topic. Someone stepping up "I care about this and would go
to a Hackfest" like Regina just did is a huge help.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[board-discuss] Hackfests, the next generation: A Call To Action||Bjoern Michaelsen <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [board-discuss] Hackfests, the next generation: A Call To Action||Regina Henschel <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [board-discuss] Public agenda for TDF board phone meeting on Monday, October 23, at 1700 Berlin time
- Next by Date: [board-discuss] self nomination for Board of Directors of The Document Foundation
- Previous by thread: Re: [board-discuss] Hackfests, the next generation: A Call To Action
- Next by thread: Re: [board-discuss] Hackfests, the next generation: A Call To Action