I hereby, in my role as Chairwoman of The Document Foundation,
officially invite the Board of Directors as well as their deputies to a
formal meeting on

Monday, October 9, 2017
at 09:30 local time
at Hotel American Palace, Via Laurentina 554, 00143 Rome, Italy

Please plan in enough time for entering the venue.

In case you cannot personally attend the meeting, per § 9 II you can
nominate another board member or a deputy to represent you. Please do so
publicly on this mailing list, in time before the meeting. Be advised
that only one representation is possible per representative.

The agenda is as follows:

1. Welcome and introduction
2. Formal invitation, representation and quorum
3. Overview of past activities, finances and budget for 2017
4. Planning and strategy for 2018
4.1. Strategy, finances and budget
4.2. Entities and partnerships
4.3. Events (participating and hosting)
5. Community building and focal points
6. Various

As per § 9 III of our statutes, at least 1/2 of the board must take part
in the meeting or be represented in order to have a quorum.

Certain changes to the statutes require the non-represented, personal
presence of every board member, as per § 15 III, with the need of the
decision to be taken unanimously.

While the meeting is a private one, decisions and results will be made
public as soon as possible, given our approach of transparency, taking
into account § 8 III c 2nd sentence.

Looking forward to meet all of you in Rome,
Marina

[1] http://www.documentfoundation.org/statutes.pdf

--
Marina Latini, Chairwoman of the Board of Directors
Tel: +39 3497482812 | IRC: deneb_alpha on Freenode