Re: [board-discuss] Board of Directors Meeting 2017-08-14

Florian Effenberger wrote on 24-08-17 11:44:
> The Document Foundation
> Board of Directors Meeting 2017-08-14
> Call Minutes
> [...]
> + CoC topic, shunt it?
> + Thorsten warns topic is highly explosive
> + but then, not discuss it to the end
> + Proposal Michael: Moving deeper discussion to a smaller
> group/slot
> + Marina: If the community wants to know something, we are here
> to answer
> + having Q&A at the end of conference as usual might miss some
> people who have already left
>
> + who moderates it ? (Thorsten)
> + someone from the team / board etc. ? (Marina)
> + organize a review of questions before conference ? (Marina)
> + in the board meeting, wait for community questions.
> + wait for Q's - otherwise, go with prepared ones.
> + feel it is deeply unwise to discuss very polarising
> topics in the opening session (Michael)
> + nothing to hide - we should discuss everything (Marina)
> + not discussing it is really controversial too (Thorsten)

I think it's really OK to meet on the subject of the Code of Conduct in
Rome, imagining it's beneficial to work at better understanding of the
various opinions and feelings on the subject. That is: how to put it in
words; I would assume there is agreement on having the message,
expressing that we expect all in our community to behave in a way that
respects other people's integrity and dignity.

Better understanding other peoples ideas, different than ours, to me
seem a useful and necessary step, from where on we can continue.

The subject is important enough, and our route even interesting, to
deserve it's own time. So yes, please not at the opening meeting. And
many probably wanting to have the opportunity to continue after the
first meeting, means not having it at the final gathering is a good idea
too.

Regards,
Cor

--
Cor Nouws, Chairman Membership Committee

GPD key ID: 0xB13480A6 - 591A 30A7 36A0 CE3C 3D28 A038 E49D 7365 B134 80A6
mobile : +31 (0)6 25 20 7001
skype : cornouws
blog : cor4office-nl.blogspot.com
twitter : cor4office