[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [board-discuss] Hackfests, the next generation: A Call To Action
- Subject: Re: [board-discuss] Hackfests, the next generation: A Call To Action
- From: Bjoern Michaelsen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 13:21:31 +0200
- To: Michael Meeks <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 11:05:31AM +0200, Michael Meeks wrote:
> I guess one current organizational problem is finding someone to take
> ownership and/or responsibility, but I would hope that at first you can
> take ownership =)
In traditional Agile setups, the product owner decides how to spend money
without having to do most of the work (simplified). I consider it a bit ironic,
should we not find someone wanting to decide how to spend ressources. Its not a
problem organizations usually have. ;)
But yes, to get things started, I'd do that, but I hope in the long run we can
get more people onboard for this. Ultimately, it also gives insight in what and
why the BoD does/did certain things, which is knowledge (and skills) I would
like to see spread more widely.
> One of the big problems here is open and transparent selection
> criteria: what are they ? is this based on hourly rates or communication
> skill, or domain programming expertise etc. ?
Personally, I wouldnt give hourly rates too much weight unless there are orders
of magnitude apart. Once we selected a topic for the Hackfest, I'd rather
focus on getting a balanced set of domain expertise and communication skills.
If we repeat those Hackfests, rotating topics will mean we should be able cover
different domains over time anyway.
 Which would be a thing to look into anyway, as it might imply
inbalances in the community of some kind.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[board-discuss] Hackfests, the next generation: A Call To Action||Bjoern Michaelsen <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [board-discuss] Hackfests, the next generation: A Call To Action||Michael Meeks <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [board-discuss] Board of Directors Meeting 2017-08-14
- Next by Date: [board-discuss] Re: Hackfests, the next generation: A Call To Action
- Previous by thread: Re: [board-discuss] Hackfests, the next generation: A Call To Action
- Next by thread: [board-discuss] Re: Hackfests, the next generation: A Call To Action