COSCUP Taiwan

COSCUP is the largest open source event in Taiwan, and is planned for
August 5/6 in Taipei. The schedule will be based on tracks, which will
be organized and managed by open source communities. Based on Franklin
Weng suggestion, we will file a proposal for an ODF community track to
educate the government about the advantages of switching to the ODF
standard document format to foster interoperability, with sessions in
English and Chinese.

The Taiwanese community has invited me to talk about open standards and
educate about ODF within the migration to LibreOffice, expanding what I
have already presented at LibreOffice Conferences and in speeches in
Italy to the Ministry of Defence.

Based on the travel schedule, Franklin Weng will also try to organize a
meeting with the local authorities just before or after the event, to
strengthen the relationship with TDF.

Unfortunately, travel cost to Taiwan are not negligible. At the moment
the combination between flight ticket and accommodation is around 1,400
Euro. Based on these figures, I ask for approval of the expense (being
myself a budget approver, I abstain).

Thanks, Italo

Hi,

Italo Vignoli wrote:

Unfortunately, travel cost to Taiwan are not negligible. At the moment
the combination between flight ticket and accommodation is around 1,400
Euro. Based on these figures, I ask for approval of the expense (being
myself a budget approver, I abstain).

Important enough to be present I guess - approved.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten

Hi Italo,

Thorsten Behrens píše v Čt 04. 05. 2017 v 23:46 +0200:

> Unfortunately, travel cost to Taiwan are not negligible. At the moment
> the combination between flight ticket and accommodation is around 1,400
> Euro. Based on these figures, I ask for approval of the expense (being
> myself a budget approver, I abstain).

Important enough to be present I guess - approved.

Yes, approved.

Thank you,
Kendy

+1 - I forget who the other approvers are though - prolly not me :wink:

  Hope it goes well,

    Michael.